Screenshots / Videos
The NeuroRehabLab Task Generator (NTG) is a personalized solution for the cognitive training of memory, attention, language and executive functions. It generates cognitive training tasks in pdf format and currently supports English, Portuguese and Italian. The tasks created with the NTG are generated procedurally, that is, they are always different every time they are created.
The software that has been developed with the collaboration of over 20 health professionals and uses computational models of cognitive function to deliver a highly personalized training to each individual.
The NeuroRehabLasb Task Generator is an online application and does not require to be installed on the computer. It works on any operating system supporting a modern web browser. The only software required is a PDF reader to open the downloaded files.
- Personalizing cognitive rehabilitation through a web-based Task Generator: an evaluation study with stroke patients
Author:   Faria, A. L., Pinho, M., & Bermúdez i Badia, S.
Published in:   Presented at the International Neuropsychological Society 2016 Mid-Year Meeting, London, UK.
- Development and evaluation of a web-based cognitive task generator for personalized cognitive training: a proof of concept study with stroke patients.
Author:   Faria, A. L., & Bermúdez i Badia, S.
Published in:   REHAB 2015: 3rd Workshop on ICTs for improving Patients Research Techniques. ACM
- Capturing Expert Knowledge for the Personalization of Cognitive Rehabilitation: Study Combining Computational Modeling and a Participatory Design Strategy.
Author:   Faria, A. L., Pinho, M. S., & Badia, S. B. i.
Published in:   JMIR Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies, 5(2), e10714.
- Comparing adaptive cognitive training in virtual reality and paper-and-pencil in a sample of stroke patients
Author:   Ana Lúcia Faria, Teresa Paulino and Sergi Bermúdez i Badia
Published in:   International Conference of Virtual Rehabilitation (ICVR), Tel Aviv.
- A comparison of two personalization and adaptive cognitive rehabilitation approaches: a randomized controlled trial with chronic stroke patients
Author:   Faria, A. L., Pinho, M. S., & Bermúdez i Badia, S.
Published in:   Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 17(1), 78.
- What is the NeuroRehabLab Task Generator (NTG)? NTG is a computer software that works on the browser designed for personalized cognitive training. - Is it only applicable to stroke? No, the NTG is a general tool that can be used on a number of different pathologies that require cognitive training, as well as age related cognitive decay. - What do I need to use the application? In order to use NTG you will only need a computer running a modern browser. - Does it run on other OS such as Mac or Linux? Yes, it runs on all major operating systems. - Is this application free? NTG was developed by the NeuroRehabLab for the RehabNet project (303891 FP7-PEOPLE-2011-CIG) of the Framework Program 7 of the European Commission, and is offered free of cost. The user may use it for therapeutic applications with their patients. The game may not be sold or shared or hosted on another site. - Are the data confidential? The application does not register any user information at all. - Is this application clinically validated? NTG has been tested with stroke survivors, and a longitudinal clinical validation of the impact of the system is currently being performed. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This software was developed by Sergi Bermudez i Badia (c) 2015 (firstname.lastname@example.org). This software is COPYRIGHTED (c) and provided exclusively for research purposes and can not be distributed without permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.